Karen Strandgaard, Managing Partner
Export Engineer (Commercial Engineer) B.Sc
Karen Strandgaard launched CoVici Partners following more than seventeen years of experience and a track record of high impact results in a career that has combined the analytical skills of an engineer, business acumen of a management consultant and the creativity of a public affairs professional. Having worked both in multinationals as well as a trade association and delivered both on individual objectives as well as managed complete government affairs strategies and complex projects, she understands the challenges her clients face, not just in terms of external activities but also of managing their internal stakeholders.
|Managing Partner | CoVici Partners | 2017
|Head International Public Affairs | Shire (Prev. Baxalta) | 2016-2017|
|• Setting Public Affairs priorities for all Markets outside the US, incl. Europe, LATAM, APAC.
Head Patient & Innov. Policy Onc/Hematology
• Translated Patient & Innovation Policy strategy into actionable initiatives and oversee strategy execution in developed markets (Canada. EU. Japan).
Head EU Relations & Brussels Public Affairs Office Director | Novartis | 2011-2015
• Set and implemented EU policy priorities in alignment with internal stakeholders and across divisions (Pharma, Alcon and Sandoz), including monitoring, reporting and stakeholder management.
• Supported Corporate Strategy via development and implementation of EU policy strategy to support outcomes based health systems.
European Public Affairs, Sandoz
• Responsible for Public Affairs activities at EU and country level, supporting the development and implementation of country public affairs strategies with focus on Biosimilars and sustainable models for generic medicines.
|HealthCare Delegate Brussels Office | Bayer HealthCare | 2009-2011
• Responsible for Brussels agenda, including disease awareness raising, monitoring, reporting and lobbying.
Director, Research Directors Group | EFPIA | 2004-2008
• Designed, negotiated and campaigned for the establishment of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) a €2billion public-private partnership between the industry and the European Commission to improve the way medicines are developed in Europe.
|Public Affairs/Company Strategy | FPA | 2003-2004
• Establish financial Management processes.
• Monitor the European Parliament.
Management Consultant | CSC | 1999-2003
• Designed and implemented eBusiness and performance improvement projects for companies various sectors (energy, aerospace, banking, metals).
|Novartis Leadership Program|
|Bayer Leadership Excellence|
|Presentation Skills/Public speaking/Media training|
|Business Process Reengineering|